Saturday, December 21, 2019

MASKS KEEP YOU FROM LIFE




Masks keep us from being seen and seeing. 



What does this mean? 



Well, we created masks when we were little. An example of one of mine is the mask of Independence. I don't need anyone. I'm fine on my own. I can do it all by myself. I'm good to go. I don't need your help. I've got this. If I don't look sad, I'm not sad. And so on...⁠



I wore this mask so much that people that should've been my guardians as a small child, teaching me, protecting me, started to lean on me for help, advice, protectin, and insight. While others pulled away from me because I didn't seem to need them.⁠ I seemed fine on my own.



Masks create disconnection, not connection. Even if we really believe our masks bring in more friends. They're not the right type of friends that might help us grow. They're not real relationships and they don't really get us because we are hiding behind a mask. These relationships aren't built on a solid foundation, they're built on a shallow projection of ourselves.⁠



While you celebrate HALLOWEEN - think about all of the masks everyone is wearing. Then look at yours. You might have one or many. Most have more than two. 



What would it be like to take off those masks? 



What type of relationships might you have if you were real upfront about who you are, what you need, your fears, things that excite you and your creativity? 



What if you told the truth every single time you spoke? Who would you be? 



I'm guessing you'd be more of you...and the world needs you....not your MASKS!⁠

No comments:

Post a Comment