Tuesday, December 24, 2019

WANT TO BE A HERO? RELEASE THE STORY!




You sick of that story yet?⁠


We are storytellers. Typically it's the negative stories we repeat and repeat and repeat until we've solidified that horrific story into our bones. ⁠

STOP IT!⁠

Stop retelling your sad, abusive, unhealthy stories. You want to heal this trauma --- LET IT GO!⁠

If you find you can't stop telling the same old stories, you're stuck. You're not being the hero you could be because you're stuck in the victim role. You're stuck in your sad story. ⁠

Bad stuff happens to us all -- horrific stuff. Those that become heroes stop repeating those stories. They aren't defined by them. This is not to be mistaken for ignoring what happened to you, hiding it, or boxing up feelings. True healing is moving through emotions, feeling them in your body, and releasing. ⁠

There's a horrific story in my past. I kept telling it to people. Everyone close to me knew that story, acquaintances knew, even a waitress found out-- because I told her -- and all the while, the other person involved in that story is dead. I was the only one keeping that story alive. I was the only one feeling the pain of that old trauma. I worked with my coach to feel it, release it, and forgive, releasing both of us from that story. I don't repeat that story anymore. It's not of me. It does not define me!! I am NOT that story!!!⁠

In fact, I can create any story about me that I want!! This is much more fun for me, than repeating some old horrible story. ⁠

You are not your stories. ⁠

If you've experienced trauma and you're repeating the story, seek help with healing. Then no more telling that story. You won't want to anyway - once you're healed of it, repeating it does nothing for you. You'll start to focus on a new, creative, and lovely story. Much more fun!⁠

You can do this...we can help.⁠

No comments:

Post a Comment