Saturday, December 21, 2019

MIRROR MIRROR, I FEEL SMALL


Mirror. Mirror. 



On the wall. 



What do I need, most of all?⁠



You've probably heard by now that people are mirrors for you. But what does this mean? 



It means everyone that you have in your tribe, your family, your children, your lover, your friends, are showing you something about yourself. Sometimes these mirrors are beautiful, and other times they are difficult. ⁠



Example

My best friend, as a teenager, was very wild. She didn't seem to care about her grades, curfews, her alcohol level, treating others with kindness, or her parents and siblings. She definitely didn't care about teachers or cops. She'd break every rule she could and never look back. I was envious. I was a straight-A student. I never went anywhere without my parents knowing about it. At parties, I would pour out the beer in the bottle and fill it with water because I was afraid of being out of control. But she wasn't. She did crazy things, dangerous things, while I watched. ⁠



She was a great mirror for me. She was mirroring all the darkness I had inside of me, but was too hidden to come out. I'm glad that I chose my path, but I also missed out on some of life because I kept such control over myself. ⁠



I now know that I need to release in wild ways, but MY way of wild ways - through art, dance, sacred sexuality, and more. I'm not dangerous to myself or others, like she was, but I do experience my wild nature by running in the woods naked, singing loudly, climbing trees, women's healing circles, drumming, etc...⁠



Look at the mirrors around you - what are they trying to show you? 



Do you need to release some wild side of you? Do you need rest? Do you need to play? Whatever you're seeing the most of is a good place to start looking and get curious about yourself. It's fun to see parts of you in others!⁠ And those are clues to what you need to learn and grow. 







No comments:

Post a Comment