Thursday, September 21, 2023

Consolidate to Create


Consolidate to Create

Ready! 

Set! 

Go! 

by Angie Azur







Where you create your art matters. 


I'm a messy creative. In fact, I think most of us are, but my messiness was getting in the way of my creative time. Time is a precious commodity, and it took me years to realize this. Now, I fiercely protect my creative time. But what was siphoning away those precious hours? It was the way I had scattered my creative outlets across three different areas in my house. Today, I'll share how consolidating my creative space transformed my creativity and helped me reclaim my precious time.

Over the years, my creative endeavors had spilled into every room, but three in particular. I thought it was a clever plan. Painting in the basement, writing in the office, and using a storage area for my artistic supplies and half-finished projects. It's a familiar story for many of us creatives; we are natural collectors.


We creatives are collectors. 

Then, one day, a light bulb moment hit me. Why hadn't I thought of this sooner? I couldn't help feeling a little frustrated with myself, but hindsight is 20/20. I hope my experience can help you regain some of your precious time. The solution? 

Consolidation! 

I decided to merge my painting and writing areas into one cohesive space in the basement. Now, my creative writing books, magazines, novels, paints, markers, color pencils, and all other creative tools coexist harmoniously. Stepping into this space fills me with joy, and even my writing partner noticed the positive change.

It makes me happy to enter the space. 

Creating a unified space changed everything. Both creative sides of me initially craved their separate domains, but when they came together, a new, more vibrant form of creativity emerged. I worked on a picture book today instead of my middle-grade novel, inspired by the colorful surroundings. It provided a refreshing break from my novel revisions and left me feeling fulfilled.


I feel complete and content in my newly organized creative haven. Being surrounded by my creative ideas, colors, objects, and writings has a profound effect. It's a reminder that creating a space that flows seamlessly from one creative endeavor to the next can be transformative.


Create a creative space that flows flawlessly 
from one creative endeavor to the next.


So, if you've compartmentalized your creative pursuits, maybe it's time to bring them together in a single, inspiring space. You'll discover that all your creative ventures complement each other, enhancing your overall creativity. Don't wait as long as I did to make this change. Start today and watch your creative energy soar.



Write and Art on~ Angie
This is a funky little being I created. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment