Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Interview with S.C. Rhyne: Creator of TheReporterandTheGirl




I came across S.C. Rhyne on Facebook.  I started reading theReporterandTheGirl blog and I couldn't stop, so I asked for an interview. S.C. seems to be a master at blogging. If you're looking to up your likes and get more readers this interview is for you. I've learned a lot from this interview and you will too.  


 Below are the questions I asked:






BIO:

S.C. Rhyne is a world traveler, blogger, and novelist based in New York City. When she isn't writing or exploring, she enjoys swimming, reading historical fiction, and discovering new music. Her first novel, The Reporter and The Girl blurs the lines of reality and imagination, and conjures the emotions that bind us together.



Describe your blog in 5 words:

Quirky, Honest, Smutty, Addictive, and Touching.



Why did you decide to write this blog?

I was partly inspired by my past relationships and different stories of “incidences” I’d exchange with my friends.  But I also did not want the storyline to be so cliché, where boy meets girl and they fall in love and live happily ever after.



How has it been turned into a book? What was that process?


My blog started out as a story blog, where I was posting chapters weekly of the storyline (those draft chapters are still there), and earlier last year I decided to finish and re-work the posts as a manuscript. I still post on the blog of course and have guest contributions.



The editing process was really long. I had two great editors and was constantly reviewing the work. I never thought I would have an entire book memorized, but I have now, lol! But its all worth it when you hold it in your hands.





What time do you get up and what do you eat for breakfast?


On some days I get up at 6am, and other days at 5am. I exercise in the morning or go straight to work. For the mornings, I try to have some fruit or a smoothie. But sometimes, when I get to work, I’ll have a nice egg and cheese on brioche bun, and always a large cup of tea!




What do you think of social media when it comes to promoting authors?


I think social media is an excellent tool for promoting authors. In fact, I was runner up for the MARSocial Author of the Year award, in which we had to altruistically tweet the other contestants. We all got a lot of exposure to millions of followers. 




Who are you reading right now?


At this very moment, Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione, it’s the 3rd book in her daemonica series. I read book #10 Reaver which came out in December, so I had to catch up and see how everything came to be.





Do you also do all the artwork on your blog? The videos? If so, how much time does this take to produce?


No, for the art I worked with Sketch!bravo ( who did the book cover) and currently Definitely Jenny. I do put the videos together and that takes about an hour to do. The art takes a few days to get to me.




How did you meet The Artist for your blog? How did you come to terms to work together? Do you have a contract?


Sketch!bravo I know in real life, so I asked last year if he could contribute. And Definitely Jenny I met online and asked her if she would be interested. They both volunteered, there’s no contract.




Why do you go by TheGirl on your blog?


TheGirl from TheReporterandTheGirl…corny I know.




What is the Liebster award and how did you win it?


The Liebster award is for newer relatively unknown blogs…I was nominated and I still continue to be nominated by other excellent bloggers who have received this award.




You have over 6000 likes – how did you promote your blog and page to reach this many readers?


I am a fairly active blogger and I like and comment on other blogs. I also network with bloggers on LinkedIn and Goodreads, and I regularly guest contribute on other websites and e-magazines. I think I’m backlinked on at least 1,000 other sites.




Who is your biggest cheerleader?


My family is a great supporter in all my endeavors, and so are a few close friends, some of them are moderators on my facebook page and help me out a bit. 




Why did you choose WordPress to host your blog?


When I first decided to start a blog, I didn’t know anything about blogging or websites. In fact, I never had any intention to start a blog. But my friend at the time encouraged me and he said, “Wordpress! It’s the best” And here I am!




What one word best describes you? TheGirl?


Contemplative. 


I’m always thinking and my mind is going nearly constantly. Sometimes I get sucked into my own world.




What’s the funniest thing a reader has asked you about your blog?


I had a reader email me and say that my blog is “smut” hence it became a chapter title.

 (Angie: This is awesome! Love how you turned that around. Ha!)




How can my blog readers help you to become an even bigger success?


If you like my blog or book, drop me a line or tell a friend!








You can find me at:









Book Blurb:

Welcome to the rabbit hole

I am the last person in New York City who would fall head over heels in love. 

Independent.  Self-possessed. Why would I want to f**k that up?

My online dating profile at bd-fet.com simply reads: “Just looking.”

So why am I obsessing about Jon Sudbury?

Jon, the reporter, is vanilla as a milkshake and has probably never tasted rice and beans on the same plate before we met.

At least that’s what I thought. 
Why can’t people remain simple and predictable?
All I want is control, not to be sent hurtling at maximum speed into the unknown. 
Nothing about our story makes sense.

The thing is, I can handle desire, lust, passion, even betrayal

But love is another world altogether.

And this is not a love story.

**For Mature Audiences**


Buy book at: 





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I finally came by to take a look!! Thank you for hosting me on your site and sharing some #AuthorLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome - but you rock! Thanks for being a great interview!

      Delete