So you have a writer in your life. Some days she speaks to you, others she completely ignores you. (Maybe that's just my poor husbands' experience...he he he) In any case, let me show you what any writer, male or female, will want to receive as an after-the-holidays gift from you.
- Writers Write! So give your writer a journal. My favorite are of course the Moleskine The Official Moleskine website - Moleskine ® - you can't go wrong here and your writer will love you for it.
- Writers Love Pens: I found a really cool site with 14 of the most fun and creative pens. 14 Innovative and Creative Pens
- Writers Doodle: Yes we do. When we can't quite get that word, we doodle-le-do-da all over the place. We love art supplies. We love art sets and kits. Drawing Sets - Artist Drawing Sets - Drawing Kits - JerrysArtarama.com
- Writers are in Love with Words: We play with them, we mull them over, we struggle with them. Words are our love and our enemy. If we can't quite get the right word we may go into writer-shut-down mode. My husband knows this as the silent treatment. So, lovers of writers, find your writer a good book of words - otherwise known as a thesaurus. Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus: David Auburn, Rae Armantrout, David Crystal, Michael Dirda, Bryan A. Garner, Joshua Ferris, Alexandra Horowitz, David Lehman, Stephin Merritt, Christine Lindberg, Rick Moody, Ben Zimmer: 9780199829927: Amazon.com: Books
- Writers Need for the Emotions of their work to Jump off the Page: So get her the emotion Thesaurus. The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide To Character Expression: Angela Ackerman, Becca Puglisi: 9781475004953: Amazon.com: Books
- Writers Love Making it Easier: You may want to consider Dragon Naturally Speaking writer's software. Amazon.com: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English: Software
- Writers need to set goals to complete manuscripts. Here's a great way, a one-year writing goal calendar, to help the writer in your life: Don't Break the Chain Calendar
- Writers need to carry many items with them when they go out to write. A new writer's bag will make their heart flutter! Bloomsbury Bookbag from Levenger – Canvas Bag Stocked with Writer’s Tools
- Writers drink coffee and tea - a lot. A great mug will make his day. writer. Mug by justawriter
- Writers sit. They sit and they get sore, especially, you know where. A seat cushion will help with that. Sitting Cushions That Reduce Pain
Sales are already papering the internet and right after New Year's Eve - most every store will tack their red sale sign on their doors. Have fun, but buy responsibly.
And don't be surprised when the writer in your life thanks you and then disappears into their office for a few hours to play with his/her new gifts.