Friday, October 11, 2013

Interview with Wendy WL Sexton: Author


I came across Wendy's Raven's Crest on Facebook. I reached out for an interview and was so happy she said yes. 

Wendy hasn't been writing long, but her books have gotten noticed. She has a no-excuses, just write what you love attitude and it's working.


Below are the questions I asked her:



Explain Raven’s Quest in 5 words:  

Strong, smart, sexy, loving, and suggestive




Why Romance novels?  

I wasn’t going to write a romance novel at first. I was told to write my story. I started out putting my story down, and somehow it changed directions. So by fate I think.




What time do you get up and what do you eat for breakfast? 

I’m a morning girl I love to watch the sun come up in the Arizona sky 5am, and coffee is my breakfast.




Where do your ideas come from? Are your characters people you know? From the news? People you used to know?  

That is a very good question.  Ideas come from driving. I will just be driving, and some idea will pop in there, then I must tell the story. Characters, all the names are people I know my friends, family, ex-boyfriends, crushes, and dream loves.




Do you use an outline for your stories? How do you start a new story? 

No I’m a pants-er. 

I fly by the seat of my pants. I will have a scene in my head, and then I will build a story around that scene. Then it doesn’t stop, I keep going and going.




What authors groups or organizations do you belong and why?

RWA, because it is gives you a place to meet local and get involved. The Naughty Mafia, a group of writers, fans, bloggers, that love to read and have a blast.




Who is your biggest cheerleader? 

I would have to say My Family, & Friends it is not just one person, it is everyone that has touched my life in some way.




What the hardest part of writing for you? The easiest? 

Getting stuck on a scene, that I want to move on and I just stop. So I get up and drive around for to Starbucks, shopping, anything to get ideas. 

The easiest is when I’m inspired by someone or something and I just can’t stop.




Where do you promote your books? What seems to be working the best? 

On the side of my race car that is competing on the NHRA circuit. On the side of my cars that that we drive around, Facebook, blogs, twitter, book signings. Online book magazines.




Favorite place to get a cup of Joe or tea in your hometown? 

Starbucks




When did you start writing and why?  

October 2012, at the Las Vegas motor speedway while my husband was racing. I was told to tell my story so I started telling a story not mine but one of many.




Give 3 points of helpful hints to a newbie writer: 

1) DO your research

2) Sometimes you will feel like you want to quit. DON’T. 

3) Tell the story the way you want to.




How many tattoos do you have? Favorite one? 

As of today I have 7. 
My dominatrix fairy is my favorite.




Do you get to choose your covers? How does cover art work?

Yes I have a cover artist. I will tell her what I like I will give her the story of the main idea.




What one word best describes you? 

Eclectic




How can my blog readers help you to become even a bigger success? 

Read my books write a review tell anyone and everyone.




What is your blog about? 

Mainly about my books, and authors that I love.




Who in your past helped you to become the writer you are today?

I would say my life. I have lived a crazy fun life I have done things that I’m not proud of, and things I wound never change if I was offered a do over.



What’s the funniest thing someone has asked you about your books? 

Are you Raven?




What are you working on now? 

WOW so many, I have Syclad’s Quest coming out Oct 15, 2013.. The last book in the Quest Series Luna’s Quest December 2013, I have about seven more books coming out in 2014




      Any big news? 

I'm in talks with a couple of publishing companies to put out my next series. Crossing fingers and toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment