Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CALL FOR HELP / STOP TRAFFICK



What my friend wrote: 

"Hey, Angie... I'm not sure if you've seen the flood of annoying posts from ... me... about the short film I'm working on. We've got 6 days left on our Indiegogo campaign and a CRAZY cast and incredible crew... So I'm just trying to make a final push on this thing. Any chance you could/would mention us on your blog? If not, no biggie... I'm just trying to overcome my inability to ask for help! I hope you're well... Peace!"

So I am spreading the word and I hope you do too. 

Click on the link above or Go to this website to help make his movie come true. 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stop-traffick-short-film/


What the movie's about:



STOP TRAFFICK: A short film about Human Trafficking (but mostly about Redemption).

I'd like to think I'm aware of what's going on in the world. I'm a college-educated guy. I read a lot. I watch the PBS NewsHour. Heck, I've written and directed hundreds of educational films. And last year, all of my blood sweat and tears was spent working to keep kids in Asia, Africa and South America out of poverty and away from traffickers.  It's easy to get a sense of "the big picture" when you're writing and directing a massive project for a nonprofit with enormous impact worldwide. So I'm keenly aware of the fact that human trafficking is a huge issue globally.

But, until recently, I didn't realize that trafficking is a massive problem right here in the United States.

According to Shared Hope International, over 100,000 American children are trafficked for sex. The average age? 13. 

I'm embarrassed that I didn't know this was happening on this grand of scale. After talking to church leaders, nonprofits and experts in the war against human trafficking, I feel compelled to do something. And if there is one thing God has wired me to do, it's to tell a good story. 

So we're going to tell a good story. An American story. Not a story of depravity. Not a story of oppression. But a story of Life. Hope. Restoration. Healing. Atonement.

We'll be filming with the absolute best equipment in Hollywood. More importantly, I'm blown away by the talent and experience that has stepped up to help me with this short film. People that are the best at what they do. People that are passionate about both making great films and stopping human trafficking. 

Combined, the team has produced 7 feature films, 16 music videos, 110 commercials, and 115 short films.

So we're committed to making this movie. If you believe great film can change minds and open hearts, if the thought of just one child being trafficked in your home country is too much for you, if you are excited to take action that could REALLY impact the fight against child trafficking, please donate below. Every donation you make is tax-deductible.

Keep fighting the good fight...

-Wes Halula, Writer/Director, Stop Traffick

PS: Once you have donated, PLEASE share our campaign with your family, friends and followers and encourage them to join us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment