Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Introduction to Teazurs Blog
Well, I wanted something original, something fun that also had a meaning. My last name is Azur and I’ve been called a tease --- oh just kidding. I liked the definitions of teaser mixing theatre with journalism and advertising.
I was an actor for 12 years, when I lived in Pittsburgh PA. I performed at small local theaters as well as commercials and independent films.
I loved that journalism uses the term teaser as a kicker to promote an interview or article. Being a creative writer, I must tease my audience into reading more, and wanting to know more about my characters and their stories.
I also must advertise myself as a professional. I’m in the business to stay. Marketing myself to my readers is a goal of mine in 2010.
So I took teaser and mixed it with my last name, Azur, and shazam - TeAzurs was born.
1. a person or thing that teases.
2. Theater . a drapery or flat piece across the top of the proscenium arch that masks the flies and that, together with the tormentors, forms a frame for the stage opening.
3. Printing, Journalism . kicker ( def. 9 ) .
4. an advertisement that lures customers or clients by offering a bonus, gift, or the like.
5. Television Slang . tease ( def. 5 ) .
1350–1400; ME teser machine for teasing wool; see tease, -er1