Angie Azur is a YA Sci-fi Writer.
Writer for PALEO Magazine.
Former Intern at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency.
SCBWI & COWG Member.


Sunday, March 15, 2015

IT'S BEEN FAR TOO LONG


                                              Hello fellow writers.

I've been away from my blog since December 2nd. The biggest reason is I needed to focus on the book I am writing. 







I had 15 requests from agents, but in the end 13 of those rejected it after reading and the other 2 have gone silent.









There is something wrong -- mostly in the middle -- where many manuscripts get sick. I have been doctoring mine and will show you what I've been doing in future posts. What I've learned about revising, these past 3 months, is worth it's weight in ink!




I have also moved twice in the past 10 months - needless to say the Boxes, Boxes, Boxes and mounds of Boxes took over my life. Packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking --- I truly thought I was in a nightmare because I could not find my manuscript notes, or the books I use when writing. 




I had crazy thoughts about the moving company and theft of boxes of books. Like anyone would take them….but of course in my head there was a conspiracy to kill my novel.





Turns out they were in the LAST box I unpacked. Of course they were.

Today --- I unpacked the LAST LAST box in the house!!!!! 


Now I am free from clutter, free from the pressure of boxes, and I have my manuscript on note cards up on a bulletin board, I can get back to the lovely blog. 





I have some great posts coming up that will help guide you through tough revisions ---  and even tougher rejections. We will do this together!










Oh - and I almost forgot to give a shout out to my 5 amazing students at Seven Peaks Middle School. I am teaching a writing elective there called Author a Book. I will showcase the classes I prepare and if they agree --- some of their work.






So - looking forward to a productive 2015.






I hope you will join me on the quest to publication and my launch into teaching writing!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting everything unpacked. I'm pretty sure I have some boxes I haven't unpacked from my last move 12 years ago, and now I'm thinking of moving again. Happy revisions. I have my own to get to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi! I'm glad to be back to my blog ---I hate boxes!!! Where are you moving to?

      Delete
  2. Whoa, Nelly! Easy, girl!
    Jussta dang varmint
    with fresh breath...

    Wanna see my
    oblong, dogged,
    zigzag, wildfire blogs
    whichr neurosurgeon
    precise with our scythe?
    Gitr done, Paw!

    PS:
    O yeah!
    Jesus, the King of Kings, sez...
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a total pariah...
      yet, I'm going to Seventh-Heaven.
      Where you going?
      If 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust
      and if you dont yet know,
      lemme show you how to wiseabove...

      DATS D'FAK, Jak:

      When our soul leaves our body
      and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
      only four, last things remain:
      death, judgement, Heaven or Hell.
      (which is exactly what happened to me:
      Im an NDE - my colorFULL nomenclature).

      Find-out what RCIA is and join
      (ya might wanna check-out
      'Lui et Moi' by Gabrielle Bossis -
      a French writer, translated;
      a wonderfull novel which'll
      ROCK, YOUR, WORLD, earthling).

      Make Your Choice -SAW
      Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm a total pariah...
      yet, I'm going to Seventh-Heaven.
      Where you going?
      If 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust
      and if you dont yet know,
      lemme show you how to wiseabove...

      DATS D'FAK, Jak:

      When our soul leaves our body
      and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
      only four, last things remain:
      death, judgement, Heaven or Hell.
      (which is exactly what happened to me:
      Im an NDE - my colorFULL nomenclature).

      Find-out what RCIA is and join
      (ya might wanna check-out
      'Lui et Moi' by Gabrielle Bossis -
      a French writer, translated;
      a wonderfull novel which'll
      ROCK, YOUR, WORLD, earthling).

      Make Your Choice -SAW
      Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner

      Delete
  3. Whoa, Nelly! Easy, girl!
    Jussta dang varmint
    with fresh breath...

    Wanna see my
    oblong, dogged,
    zigzag, wildfire blogs
    whichr neurosurgeon
    precise with our scythe?
    Gitr done, Paw!

    PS:
    O yeah!
    Jesus, the King of Kings, sez...
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete